- ACEP eCME
- ACEP/ Daniel Stern Compensation Reports
- Anyone, Anything, Anytime
- APLS: the Pediatric Emergency Medicine Resource
- Bring 'em All
- Cardiovascular Emergencies
- Critical Decisions in Emergency Medicine
- Critical Images in Emergency Medicine
- Electrocardiography in Emergency Medicine
- Emergency Department Design
- Emergency Department Resuscitation of the Critcally Ill
- Emergency and Primary Care of the Hand
- Virtual ACEP
- Practice management
- Digital editions
- Partner Products
Auerbach's Wilderness Medicine, 7e (AMAZON)
Product Code: 480013
To ensure that ACEP Members receive the best price, we have made this book available on Amazon. Please complete your purchase by clicking the Amazon icon.
Now in its 7th edition, Auerbach’s Wilderness Medicine continues to help you quickly and decisively manage medical emergencies encountered in any wilderness or other austere setting! World-renowned authority Dr. Paul Auerbach and 2 new associate editors have assembled a team of experts to offer proven, practical, visual guidance for effectively diagnosing and treating the full range of issues that can occur in situations where time and resources are scarce. Now in an exciting 2-volume set that includes convenient online access, this indispensable resource equips physicians, nurses, advanced practice providers, first responders, and rescuers with the essential knowledge and skills to effectively address and prevent injuries and illnesses – no matter where they happen!
- Brand-new 2-volume format ensures all content is available in print and online to provide you easy access.
- Face any medical challenge in the wilderness with expert guidance from hundreds of outstanding world experts edited by Dr. Auerbach and 2 new associate editors, Drs.Tracy Cushing and N. Stuart Harris.
- New and expanded chapters with hundreds of new photos and illustrative drawings help increase your visual understanding of the material.
- Acquire the knowledge and skills you need with revised chapters providing expanded discussions of high-altitude medicine, improvisation, technical rescue, telemedicine, ultrasound, and wilderness medicine education.
- Ten new chapters cover Acute High-Altitude Medicine and Pathophysiology; High Altitude and Pre-Existing Medical Conditions; Cycles, Snowmobiles, and other Wilderness Conveyances; Medical Wilderness Adventure Races (MedWAR); Canyoneering and Canyon Medicine; Evidence-Based Wilderness Medicine; National Park Service Medicine; Genomics and Personalized Wilderness Medicine; Forestry; and Earth Sciences.
- 30+ Expert Consult online videos cover survival tips, procedural demonstrations, and detailed explanations of diseases and incidents.
- Expert Consult eBook version included with purchase. This enhanced eBook experience allows you to search all of the text, figures, images, videos, and references from the book on a variety of devices.
- Hardcover: 2848 pages
- Publisher: Elsevier; 7 edition (November 2, 2016)
- Language: English
- ISBN-13: 978-0323359429
- Product Dimensions: 3.8 x 9 x 11.2 inches
- Shipping Weight: 13.2 pounds
2017 BMA Awards: The BMA Illustrated Book Award
"This is the essential book for healthcare providers wishing to enhance their knowledge of urgent or emergency self-care and/or care for the masses during personal travel, exploration, or medical relief situations. The pairing of the print book with online access provides readers the portability required for world travel. This seventh edition is essential to present current state-of-the-art and cutting-edge information. As an emergency medicine physician and wilderness medicine enthusiast, I turn to Auerbach's as the authoritative gold standard."
- Keith D Henry, MD, FAAEM (Regions Hospital and Level 1 Trauma Center) for Doody’s Review Services