- ACEP eCME
- ACEP/ Daniel Stern Compensation Reports
- Anyone, Anything, Anytime 2nd Edition
- APLS: the Pediatric Emergency Medicine Resource
- Bring 'em All
- Cardiovascular Emergencies
- Critical Decisions in Emergency Medicine
- Critical Images in Emergency Medicine
- Electrocardiography in Emergency Medicine
- Emergency Department Design
- Emergency Department Resuscitation of the Critcally Ill
- Emergency and Primary Care of the Hand
- Virtual ACEP
- Practice management
- Digital editions
- Partner Products
Ultrasonography in Trauma: The FAST Exam
Product code :512000
A patient care resource from ACEP!
Have you added the power of FAST to your skill set? FAST is Focused Assessment with Sonography for Trauma—a fast, accurate, noninvasive diagnostic imaging test that can be performed on any trauma patient. The 20,000+ subjects in clinical trials and the 200+ associated journal articles attest to one simple fact: Some patients cannot live without it!
There's no better time or place to get the information you need to understand the tools and technology of the FAST exam—the knowledge that is prerequisite for effective hands-on application.
This ACEP book was edited by two of the biggest names in emergency ultrasonography, Dietrich Jehle, MD, FACEP, and Michael B. Heller, MD, FACEP, with contributions from nine other highly respected emergency medicine educators and ultrasonography "pros."
Click on the "Look Inside" tab, above, to see a sample chapter!
It's 8 chapters, 5 appendixes, more than 300 high-quality images that depict the entire range of FAST applications with numerous helpful tables, and findings and recommendations supported by the emergency medicine literature.
It's everything you need to know about using sonographic imaging to evaluate trauma patients.
Michael B. Heller, MD, FACEP
- Fundamentals of Ultrasonography
- The FAST Exam
- Clinical Application of the FAST Exam
- Specific Organ Injuries
- Pitfalls in Trauma Ultrasonography
- Beyond the FAST Exam: Additional Applications of Sonography in Trauma
- The FAST Exam: A Review of the Literature
- Training and Credentialing
- And appendixes addressing ideal machine characteristics, anatomic considerations, axial and lateral resolution, and forming the image